Miso-Honey Glazed Tofu with Quinoa
with roasted eggplant
- Honey - 3 Tbsp
- Miso - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 1/2 tsp
Miso-Honey Glazed Tofu with Quinoa:
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 4 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 Tbsp
- Tofu, extra-firm (vacuum-packed preferable) - 1 lb
- Miso-honey sauce - 4 tsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Miso-honey sauce - 4 Tbsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cups
Miso-Honey Glazed Eggplant:
- Eggplant, Chinese (sub Japanese or regular) - 1 lb
- Cilantro, fresh - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Miso-honey sauce - 2 Tbsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Make tofu marinade - Mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, hot sauce, and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tofu - Slice into 3/4” (~2 cm) thick rectangles and place into a pan where all pieces can be arranged in a single layer. Cover in marinade for at least 20 minutes and up 1 day. (Can be done up 1 day ahead)
- Make miso-honey sauce - Mix together honey, miso, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Eggplant - Slice into spears`a> and transfer to another sheet pan.
- Cook quinoa - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps #1 - 2 before returning to this step. Double if making Thursday’s dinner. Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F (218C).
- Roast eggplant for 18 to 22 minutes (shaking and rotating pan midway through).
- While eggplant roasts, chop cilantro.
- Next heat a grill pan (or skillet) over medium-high heat. Brush with some cooking oil (not listed in ingredients). Lightly salt and pepper tofu. Grill (or sear) tofu in batches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Toss finished eggplant with its portion of miso-honey sauce and cilantro. Drizzle grilled tofu with its portion of miso-honey sauce and enjoy with eggplant and quinoa on the side. (If you doubled quinoa, remember to save half for Thursday.)
- If you want to get a head start on tomorrow's pozole, start prepping / slow cooking ingredients tonight.