Aminos-Honey Glazed Salmon with Sauteed Spinach
with roasted eggplant
- Honey - 3 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 1/2 tsp
Aminos-Honey Glazed Salmon with Sauteed Spinach:
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Aminos-honey sauce - 4 tsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Garlic - 3 cloves , sliced thinly
- Spinach - 2 bunches , stems chopped, washed & dried
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
Aminos-Honey Glazed Eggplant:
- Eggplant, Chinese (sub Japanese or regular) - 1 lb
- Cilantro, fresh - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Aminos-honey sauce - 2 Tbsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Make aminos-honey sauce - Mix together honey, aminos, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Divide into 4 oz fillets and transfer to a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush each fillet with 1 tsp (5 mL) of aminos-honey sauce.
- Eggplant - Slice into spears`a> and transfer to another sheet pan.
- Garlic / Spinach - Prep as directed. For spinach, chop off the stems, rinse and dry thoroughly. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) and situate oven racks so that both salmon and eggplant can fit.
- Roast eggplant for 18 to 22 minutes (shaking and rotating pan midway through) and bake salmon for 10 to 16 minutes, until it’s done to your liking.
- While eggplant roasts, chop cilantro.
- Next heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then spinach leaves and sliced garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted and tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss finished eggplant with its portion of aminos-honey sauce and cilantro. Enjoy salmon over sauteed spinach with lemon wedges and remainder of sauce and eggplant on the side.
- If you want to get a head start on tomorrow's pozole, start prepping / slow cooking ingredients tonight.