Miso-Honey Glazed Salmon with Quinoa
with roasted eggplant
- Honey - 3 Tbsp
- Miso - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 1/2 tsp
Miso-Honey Glazed Salmon with Quinoa:
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Miso-honey sauce - 4 tsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cups
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
Miso-Honey Glazed Eggplant:
- Eggplant, Chinese (sub Japanese or regular) - 1 lb
- Cilantro, fresh - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Miso-honey sauce - 2 Tbsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Make miso-honey sauce - Mix together honey, miso, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Divide into 4 oz fillets and transfer to a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush each fillet with 1 tsp (5 mL) of miso-honey sauce.
- Eggplant - Slice into spears`a> and transfer to another sheet pan.
- Cook quinoa - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps #1 - 2 before returning to this step. Double if making Thursday’s dinner. Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) and situate oven racks so that both salmon and eggplant can fit.
- Roast eggplant for 18 to 22 minutes (shaking and rotating pan midway through) and bake salmon for 10 to 16 minutes, until it’s done to your liking.
- While eggplant roasts, chop cilantro.
- Toss finished eggplant with its portion of miso-honey sauce and cilantro. Enjoy salmon with lemon wedges and remainder of sauce and eggplant and quinoa on the side. (If you doubled quinoa, remember to save half for Thursday.)
- If you want to get a head start on tomorrow's pozole, start prepping / slow cooking ingredients tonight.