Miso-Honey Glazed Salmon with Quinoa
with roasted eggplant
- Honey - 3 Tbsp
- Miso - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 1/2 tsp
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Miso-honey sauce - 4 tsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cups
- Lemons - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Eggplant, Chinese (sub Japanese or regular) - 1 lb
- Cilantro, fresh - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Miso-honey sauce - 2 Tbsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Make miso-honey sauce - Mix together honey, miso, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Divide into 4 oz fillets and transfer to a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush each fillet with 1 tsp (5 mL) of miso-honey sauce.
- Eggplant - Slice into spears`a> and transfer to another sheet pan.
- Cook quinoa - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps #1 - 2 before returning to this step. Double if making Thursday’s dinner. Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) and situate oven racks so that both salmon and eggplant can fit.
- Roast eggplant for 18 to 22 minutes (shaking and rotating pan midway through) and bake salmon for 10 to 16 minutes, until it’s done to your liking.
- While eggplant roasts, chop cilantro.
- Toss finished eggplant with its portion of miso-honey sauce and cilantro. Enjoy salmon with lemon wedges and remainder of sauce and eggplant and quinoa on the side. (If you doubled quinoa, remember to save half for Thursday.)
- If you want to get a head start on tomorrow's pozole, start prepping / slow cooking ingredients tonight.
made a bit more sauce because I think i have a lot more eggplant to work with. Also added sriracha to it. Followed the rest of the recipe as is. Good overall0 Helpful
Excellent recipe0 Helpful
Salmon was good, eggplant and quinoa also0 Helpful
Next time I will back off the miso some or add more vinegar- just a tad too salty.0 Helpful
Did not like eggpant0 Helpful
4 stars for the glaze! Although I subbed broccoli for eggplant and actually cooked both the salmon and the broccoli in a pan. Such a yummy sauce though!!0 Helpful