Fusilli with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
shallot / lemon
This quick skillet pasta with asparagus is packed with flavor thanks to shallot, lemon and creamy goat cheese.
Fusilli with Asparagus and Goat Cheese:
- Shallots - 2 , finely chopped
- Spinach - 5 oz , chopped
- Chives - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Asparagus - 1/2 lb
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Pasta, fusilli (or other fun-shaped pasta) - 1 lb
- Goat cheese - 3 oz
- Lemons - 1 , zest and juice
- Shallots / Spinach / Chives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Asparagus - Slice into 2” / 5 cm long pieces.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until almost tender, ~7 minutes. Add asparagus and continue cooking until pasta is al dente, ~3 minutes more. Save 1 cup / 235 ml (for 4 servings; adjust accordingly if customizing) of salty, starchy pasta water before draining.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add butter. Once butter melts, add shallots and saute until transparent, ~ 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook, covered, until spinach wilts, ~3 minutes. Add pasta, asparagus, goat cheese and toss to combine. To form a creamy sauce, add reserved pasta water a bit at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and top with chives, lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!