Tilapia with Lemon-Chive Butter
strawberry, almond and goat cheese salad
- Chives - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Lemons - 1, half sliced into wedges & juice from other half
- Tilapia (sub cod or other white fish) - 4 fillets
- Butter - 2 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp
- Flour, all-purpose or whole wheat - 1 Tbsp
- White wine (sub chicken or vegetable stock) - 1/3 cup
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Greek yogurt, plain - 1 Tbsp
- Strawberries - 1 pint, quartered
- Goat cheese - 3 oz
- Spinach, baby (sub other salad greens) - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 4 oz
- Make dressing - Combine lime juice, vinegar, honey and mustard with oil. Whisk in Greek yogurt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chives / Lemons / Strawberries - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk salad dressing and adjust to taste - add some honey or oil if too tart.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add first part of butter. Once butter melts, sear fillets in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until flaky and golden. Set fish aside and return pan to heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter to the hot pan. Once butter melts and begins to sizzle, add flour and stir until a thick paste forms. Slowly add white wine, whisking vigorously until smooth. Heat until sauce begins to simmer and allow to continue cooking ~2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chives and juice from half the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble goat cheese over spinach, strawberries and almonds. Toss with dressing.
- Serve tilapia with lemon-chive butter sauce over the top and extra lemon wedges. Enjoy with salad on the side!
Very tasty, will make again for sure!0 Helpful
Butter poached ANYTHING - yes please! Used shallots since I didn't have chives - sautéed in second portion of butter before adding the almond meal and it turned out great. Clean plates all around!0 Helpful
The salad was soooo good!0 Helpful
especially loved the sallad0 Helpful
Everything about this was delicious. Great mixture of the sweeter salad and savory fish.0 Helpful
Delicious salad!0 Helpful