Tilapia with Lemon-Chive Butter
strawberry, almond and goat cheese salad
Tilapia with Lemon-Chive Butter:
- Chives - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Lemons - 1 , half sliced into wedges & juice from other half
- Tilapia (sub cod or other white fish) - 4 fillets
- Butter - 2 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp
- Flour, all-purpose or whole wheat - 1 Tbsp
- White wine (sub chicken or vegetable stock) - 1/3 cup
Strawberry, Almond and Goat Cheese Salad:
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Greek yogurt, plain - 1 Tbsp
- Strawberries - 1 pint , quartered
- Goat cheese - 3 oz
- Baby spinach - 5 oz (sub other salad greens)
- Almonds, sliced - 4 oz
- Make dressing - Combine lime juice, vinegar, honey and mustard with oil. Whisk in Greek yogurt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chives / Lemons / Strawberries - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk salad dressing and adjust to taste - add some honey or oil if too tart.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add first part of butter. Once butter melts, sear fillets in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until flaky and golden. Set fish aside and return pan to heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter to the hot pan. Once butter melts and begins to sizzle, add flour and stir until a thick paste forms. Slowly add white wine, whisking vigorously until smooth. Heat until sauce begins to simmer and allow to continue cooking ~2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chives and juice from half the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble goat cheese over spinach, strawberries and almonds. Toss with dressing.
- Serve tilapia with lemon-chive butter sauce over the top and extra lemon wedges. Enjoy with salad on the side!