BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
This colorful salad features leftover BBQ chicken, fresh summer produce and crunchy bacon. We top it with a maple-mustard dressing that highlights all those sweet-tangy BBQ flavors!
BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad:
- Bacon - 4 strips
- Cucumbers - 1 , chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 , chopped
- Lettuce, boston or romaine - 6 oz , chopped
- Avocados - 1 , chopped
- Leftover BBQ chicken (from Mon) - 3 cups
- Chives - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Cook bacon - Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board. When bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble or chop with a knife. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Chop chives. Whisk together chives, maple syrup, mustard and vinegar with oil. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Avocados - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Reheat leftover chicken (from Monday) if desired.
- Whisk dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Assemble salads by topping lettuce with bacon, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados and chicken. Top salad with dressing and serve!