BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
greek yogurt ranch dressing
This colorful salad features leftover BBQ chicken, fresh summer produce and crunchy bacon. We top it with creamy Greek yogurt ranch that is every bit as crave-worthy (but much lighter) than the original!
BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad:
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh (1 ear corn = ~1 cup / 165 g) - 2 cups
- Bacon - 4 strips
- Cucumbers - 1 , chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 , chopped
- Lettuce, boston or romaine - 6 oz , chopped
- Avocados - 1 , chopped
- Leftover BBQ chicken (from Mon) - 3 cups
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
- Chives - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Greek yogurt, plain - 3/4 cup
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Cook corn and bacon - Prep corn as directed. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board. Add corn to hot pan and cook in bacon grease, just until tender, ~2 minutes. When bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble or chop with a knife. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Chop chives. Whisk together chives, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, honey and hot sauce (if using). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Avocados - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Reheat leftover chicken (from Monday) if desired.
- Whisk dressing and check consistency (if too thick, whisk in a very small amount of water; if too thin, whisk in a bit of mayonnaise until smooth). Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble salads by topping lettuce with corn, bacon, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados and chicken. Top salad with dressing and serve!