BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
greek yogurt ranch dressing
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh (1 ear corn = ~1 cup / 165 g) - 2 cups
- Bacon - 4 strips
- Cucumbers - 1, chopped
- Tomatoes - 2, chopped
- Lettuce, boston or romaine - 6 oz, chopped
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Leftover BBQ chicken (from Mon) - 3 cups
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Greek yogurt, plain - 3/4 cup
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Cook corn and bacon - Prep corn as directed. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board. Add corn to hot pan and cook in bacon grease, just until tender, ~2 minutes. When bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble or chop with a knife. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Chop chives. Whisk together chives, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, honey and hot sauce (if using). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Reheat leftover chicken (from Monday) if desired.
- Whisk dressing and check consistency (if too thick, whisk in a very small amount of water; if too thin, whisk in a bit of mayonnaise until smooth). Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble salads by topping lettuce with corn, bacon, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados and chicken. Top salad with dressing and serve!
This dressing was delicious . Bleu cheese was added but otherwise the recipe was followed exactly. I would make it again in a heartbeat. Thank you for allowing me to produce a restaurant-quality Cobb salad.0 Helpful
We would add red onions and black beans.0 Helpful
I wasn't thrilled with the bbq tofu from last night, but when I added it to the salad, combined with the dressing, I loved it!0 Helpful
A really great change of pace. Great dressing recipe and the combination of the barbequed chicken, smoky bacon and corn made it outstanding. Even the hard to please family members liked it.0 Helpful
This was the only salad dressing recipe the kids have liked!0 Helpful
Great flavors. Next time, I wouldn't cook the corn in bacon grease. It was really good when we ate it for dinner, but the grease had all congealed for my lunch the next day.0 Helpful