with leftover pulled pork
We smartly repurpose our tender pulled pork into a Cobb salad, giving this classic dish a healthy southern update with tender and flavorful pulled pork. Tossed with a zesty cilantro lime vinaigrette, all the ingredients come together into a light, summery meal.
- Eggs - 4, hard boiled
- Romaine hearts - 2, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 cup, halved
- Avocado - 1 to 2, cubed
- Apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup
- Lime - 1, juice of
- Honey or maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Frozen corn - 1 cup
- Leftover pulled pork - 2 cups
- Eggs - Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water by an inch. Add a generous dash of salt, and bring to a boil. Once it's at a boil, take off heat and let sit in water for 11 minutes. Then run in cold water and peel shells. Older eggs make best hard boiled eggs.
- Romaine / Tomatoes / Avocado - Prep as directed
- Blend vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, sweetener, and olive oil in a blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pop frozen corn in the microwave for ~1 minute. Heat up pulled pork to whatever temperature you want.
- To assemble the salad, place lettuce in a large bowl. Top with arranged rows of avocado, eggs, pulled pork, tomatoes, and corn. Serve with cilantro lime vinaigrette.