Panzanella Salad with Asparagus and Peas
tomatoes / mozzarella / basil
Honey, balsamic, and oranges add a lovely flavor to basic chicken breasts. Served up with a simple salad, this will make a classic dinner.
- Baguette or ciabatta - 10 oz, torn
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 4 Tbsp
- Asparagus - 1 lb, chopped into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Tomatoes, preferably heirloom - 1 lb, cubed
- Cucumbers - 1, cubed
- Mozzarella, fresh - 4 oz, cubed
- Basil - 2 to 3 sprigs, leaves sliced
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Peas - 1 cup
- Spinach, baby - 5 oz
- Baguette - Tear baguette into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Asparagus / Tomatoes / Cucumbers / Mozzarella / Basil - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps #1 - 2 before returning to this step. Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F (218C). Arrange racks so that two sheet pans can fit (one for baguette and one for asparagus / peas).
- Toss baguette pieces with first part of olive oil and salt. Spread out onto a sheet pan, and toast for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Spread asparagus and peas out onto a second sheet pan and toss with second part of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears.
- Toss vinaigrette with asparagus, peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella, basil, spinach, and toasted baguette. Enjoy!
The salad was ok and the chicken was dry.0 Helpful
Salad was delicious. Think cooking chicken cutlets this way and topping the salad with sliced chicken would have been better0 Helpful
This one was just ok. The chicken was a bit dry. Nothing special about the salad.0 Helpful
We used boneless skinless breasts and I don't think they worked as well. Salad was great!0 Helpful
I didn't put the skillet in the oven and had to cook the chicken about 30 min as a result. Still very good however!0 Helpful
Surprised again! We almost never eat a whole chicken breast but we did eat the whole thing! These were moist and flavorful in every bite. I cooked them for the full 25 minutes as called for in the recipe. Thanks Cooksmarts!0 Helpful