Thai Tofu Salad
cabbages / carrots / basil / cilantro
This Thai tofu salad is full of dynamic color, flavor, and textures. Prep veggies the night before for a quick and easy dinner! If you're not a tofu fan, feel free to sub seitan, tempeh. Everything will go well with this salad!
- Tofu, extra-firm (vacuum-packed preferable) - 1 lb, sliced into matchsticks
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 6 Tbsp
- Cabbage, red - 6 oz, sliced
- Carrots, medium - 6 oz, grated
- Cilantro, fresh - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Romaine hearts - 2, sliced or chopped
- Basil, fresh - 2 to 3 sprigs, thinly sliced
- Peanuts, roasted (opt) - 1/4 cup, crushed
- Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first (reference this video). (Can be done up 1 day ahead)
- Make dressing - Make dressing by whisking together soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate tofu - Slice tofu into 2” (5 cm) long matchsticks. Cover in 4 Tbsp (59 mL) of dressing (amount for 4 servings; adjust accordingly if customizing) for at least 15 minutes. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Cabbage / Carrots / Cilantro - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps #1 - 2. Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Romaine hearts / Basil - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F (218C).
- Spread marinated tofu out onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, shaking and rotating pan once midway through.
- Toss dressing with cabbage, carrots, cilantro, romaine, and basil. Top with roasted tofu and peanuts if using.
Excelente mezcla de sabores. El aliño es muy rico. Sugiero la versión vegetariana del aliño aunque usen carne. Yo hice la receta vegetariana reemplazando el tofu por seitán. Además es la porción exacta.0 Helpful
Quick, easy, and delicious! Definitely keeping this one in my back pocket for a weeknight dinner when I'm pressed for time or feeling uninspired.0 Helpful
Added toasted sesame seeds and siracha, so delicious0 Helpful
Didn't taste bad, but didn't taste great. Husband thinks it could have used chilies. Subbed lettuce for jasmine rice and made the vegetarian dressing based on feedback from other users.0 Helpful
Nice clean eating type meal. I adjusted the dressing like others suggested and then added a bit of Sirachai.0 Helpful
The veggies were soggy with dressing. I would cut back on the amount of fish sauce. I grilled grass-fed flank steak and it was amaaazing.0 Helpful