Thai Steak Salad
cabbages / carrots / basil / cilantro
- Flank steak (sub skirt, hangar steaks, pork chops, chicken thighs) - 1 1/2 lbs
- Cabbage, red - 6 oz, sliced
- Carrots, medium - 6 oz, grated
- Cilantro, fresh - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Romaine hearts - 2, sliced or chopped
- Basil, fresh - 2 to 3 sprigs, thinly sliced
- Fish sauce - 3 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 6 Tbsp
- Steak - Season with salt and pepper and then tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Cabbage / Carrots / Cilantro - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps #1 - 2. Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Romaine hearts / Basil - Prep as directed.
- Make dressing - Make dressing by whisking together fish sauce, lime juice, honey, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Position top rack ~6 inches (15 cm) from broiler and preheat broiler.
- Place steak on a foil lined sheet pan and broil on each side for ~3 minutes for medium-rare, ~4 minutes for medium, and ~5 minutes for well-done. When steak is done, take out of oven, cover with foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice steak against the grain.
- Toss dressing with cabbage, carrots, cilantro, romaine, and basil. Top with sliced steak.
Excelente mezcla de sabores. El aliño es muy rico. Sugiero la versión vegetariana del aliño aunque usen carne. Yo hice la receta vegetariana reemplazando el tofu por seitán. Además es la porción exacta.0 Helpful
Quick, easy, and delicious! Definitely keeping this one in my back pocket for a weeknight dinner when I'm pressed for time or feeling uninspired.0 Helpful
Added toasted sesame seeds and siracha, so delicious0 Helpful
Didn't taste bad, but didn't taste great. Husband thinks it could have used chilies. Subbed lettuce for jasmine rice and made the vegetarian dressing based on feedback from other users.0 Helpful
Nice clean eating type meal. I adjusted the dressing like others suggested and then added a bit of Sirachai.0 Helpful
The veggies were soggy with dressing. I would cut back on the amount of fish sauce. I grilled grass-fed flank steak and it was amaaazing.0 Helpful