Indian Lettuce Wraps with Leftover Meatballs
side salad with paprika vinaigrette
Our leftover Indian meatballs from Tuesday make a great lettuce wrap filling. Garnished with a carrot slaw, jalapenos, cilantro, and a drizzle of our leftover masala sauce, these will look like they were created by a professional caterer!
Indian Lettuce Wraps with Leftover Meatballs:
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup , leaves torn from stems
- Jalapeno - 1 , sliced thinly
- Green lettuce leaves - 8
- Leftover tikka masala sauce (from Tue) - 1/2 cup
- Leftover Indian meatballs (from Tue) - 8 , sliced in half
- Limes - 1 , sliced into wedges
Coriander-Cumin Carrot Slaw:
- Carrots, medium - 2
- Apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
Side Salad with Cucumbers:
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 1/2 , sliced
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Carrot slaw - Grate carrots using a food processor, box grater, or julienne peeler. Toss with apple cider vinegar, honey, coriander, cumin, and salt. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cilantro / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Lettuce - Break off leaves. Wash and dry.
- Warm up leftover tikka masala sauce - Warm up in the microwave if desired, 20 to 30 seconds should do. (Remember to cover to prevent spattering!)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, paprika, honey, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Slice meatballs in half and lightly warm up meatballs in the microwave.
- Make 2 lettuce wraps / serving. Fill each lettuce leaf with 2 meatball halves, carrot slaw, cilantro leaves, sliced jalapenos and drizzle with leftover tikka masala sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
- Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers and greens (and leftover carrot slaw if you have any). Enjoy Indian meatball lettuce wraps with side salad.