Indian Lettuce Wraps with Leftover Meatballs
side salad with paprika vinaigrette
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, leaves torn from stems
- Jalapeno - 1, sliced thinly
- Green lettuce leaves - 8
- Leftover tikka masala sauce (from Tue) - 1/4 cup
- Plain yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Leftover Indian meatballs (from Tue) - 8, sliced in half
- Limes - 1, sliced into wedges
- Carrots, medium - 2
- Apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 1/2, sliced
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Carrot slaw - Grate carrots using a food processor, box grater, or julienne peeler. Toss with apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, and salt. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cilantro / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Lettuce - Break off leaves. Wash and dry.
- Make tikka masala sauce - Combine leftover tikka masala sauce with yogurt.
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, paprika, honey, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Slice meatballs in half and lightly warm up meatballs in the microwave.
- Make 2 lettuce wraps / serving. Fill each lettuce leaf with 2 meatball halves, carrot slaw, cilantro leaves, sliced jalapenos and drizzle with tikka masala sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
- Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers and greens (and leftover carrot slaw if you have any). Enjoy Indian meatball lettuce wraps with side salad.
We didn't love the carrot slaw-too sweet. But the sandwiches as a whole were great.0 Helpful
Love the idea of Indian Banh Mi. These meatballs were excellent the other day, and were great today as well!0 Helpful
Didn't want bread, so had meatballs, slaw, sauce, cilantro together as a salad. Pretty good.0 Helpful
This was a texture thing for us but no one in our house enjoyed it0 Helpful
I love the meatball, but didn't like the lettuce wrap. It was very difficult and made a big mess to eat it. I actually enjoy eating just the meatballs by itself much better.0 Helpful
Really yummy and easy to make! I used Naan in place of baguette, cut them in half and served open face. We all really liked that substitute, though it was quite messy! :)0 Helpful