Thai Chicken Salad with Cashew Dressing
red peppers / coleslaw mix
This Thai chicken salad is full of textures and colors. Tossed in our cashew dressing, it'll also be packed with lots of flavor too!
Smarts: If you're already enjoying grill-friendly weather, feel free to thread chicken through skewers and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, sliced into strips
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1, sliced thinly
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 5 oz, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Almonds, slivered or sliced - 1/3 cup
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp, grated
- Cashew butter - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken - Slice into strips and then season with garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Ginger / Peppers / Cilantro - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Romaine lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Make cashew dressing - Whisk together cashew butter and water. Stir in ginger, rice vinegar, aminos, lime juice, hot sauce, honey, and cooking oil. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. If it’s too tart, add in more sweetener. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss peppers, coleslaw mix, cilantro, romaine, cooked chicken, and almonds with dressing. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, lime juice, and / or hot sauce.
This is a fantastic recipe and a go to for me when I don't have a lot of stuff left in the fridge.0 Helpful
This is very good. I think next time I would either skip the cornstarch or dry the tofu much more before that step.0 Helpful
Didn't have coleslaw mix so made this with just shredded romaine, carrots, and lettuce. Loved it! The only thing I would change next time is to reduce either or both the peanut butter and brown sugar, because the sauce was a bit too thick/creamy, but otherwise--perfect!0 Helpful
mmmm. made it with wow butter instead of peanut butter and still super good. My 16 month old didn't like it though, probably too spicy for her. But I loved it!0 Helpful
Have made this several times, and look forward to making it again!0 Helpful
This was awesome! I don't like peanut butter so we tried it with almond butter instead. Delicious!0 Helpful