Thai Chicken Peanut Noodlesred peppers / coleslaw mix
We've reworked our Shrimp Peanut Noodles recipe, improving the dressing recipe, switching it up to chicken, and also simplifying the dish. We hope this new version becomes a weeknight favorite - it'll be great for leftovers too!
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, sliced into strips
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 6 oz
- Bell peppers, red - 1, sliced thinly
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp, grated
- Peanut butter - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 4 tsp
- Chicken - Slice into strips and then season with garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Cook noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Ginger / Peppers / Cilantro - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make peanut sauce - Combine peanut butter and water in a microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave for ~30 seconds. Stir in ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. If it’s too tart, add in more sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until golden on the outside, ~5 minutes.
- Fold in peppers and coleslaw mix and saute for another 3 to 8 minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
- Add noodles, sauce, and cilantro and toss everything through. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, lime juice, and / or hot sauce. Enjoy warm!
This meal has 88 reviews
This is a fantastic recipe and a go to for me when I don't have a lot of stuff left in the fridge.
This is very good. I think next time I would either skip the cornstarch or dry the tofu much more before that step.
Didn't have coleslaw mix so made this with just shredded romaine, carrots, and lettuce. Loved it! The only thing I would change next time is to reduce either or both the peanut butter and brown sugar, because the sauce was a bit too thick/creamy, but otherwise--perfect!
mmmm. made it with wow butter instead of peanut butter and still super good. My 16 month old didn't like it though, probably too spicy for her. But I loved it!
Have made this several times, and look forward to making it again!
This was awesome! I don't like peanut butter so we tried it with almond butter instead. Delicious!