Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
red peppers / coleslaw mix
We've reworked our Shrimp Peanut Noodles recipe, improving the dressing recipe, switching it up to chicken, and also simplifying the dish. We hope this new version becomes a weeknight favorite - it'll be great for leftovers too!
Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles:
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , sliced into strips
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 6 oz
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , sliced thinly
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp , grated
- Peanut butter - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 4 tsp
- Chicken - Slice into strips and then season with garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Cook noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Ginger / Peppers / Cilantro - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make peanut sauce - Combine peanut butter and water in a microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave for ~30 seconds. Stir in ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. If it’s too tart, add in more sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until golden on the outside, ~5 minutes.
- Fold in peppers and coleslaw mix and saute for another 3 to 8 minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
- Add noodles, sauce, and cilantro and toss everything through. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, lime juice, and / or hot sauce. Enjoy warm!