Blackened Fish with Sausage & Veggie Saute
peppers / zucchini / sausage
Blackened Fish with Sausage & Veggie Saute:
- Tilapia fillets - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves , minced
- Red onions, small - 1 , diced
- Bell peppers, green - 1 , sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , sliced
- Zucchini - 1/2 lb , diced
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup , chopped
- Sausage, andouille (cooked) - 1/2 lb , sliced
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 Tbsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Baby spinach - 3 oz
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Hot sauce - to taste
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
- Heat oven to 425F (218C).
- Roast fish in the oven for 9 to 12 minutes, until it’s opaque in the center.
- While fish roasts, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then garlic, red onions, paprika, and chili powder with some salt to heated oil. Saute for ~1 minute.
- Next add in sausage, zucchini, and peppers. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Fold in spinach. Once wilted, finish with lemon juice, cilantro, and season to taste with salt, pepper, and your favorite hot sauce.
- Spoon sausage and veggie saute over fish and enjoy with lemon wedges.