Cajun Skillet Pasta
peppers / sausage / beans
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Shallots - 2 bulbs, sliced
- Tomatoes, vine-ripened - 2, diced
- Bell peppers, green - 1, sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 1, sliced
- Sausage, andouille (cooked) - 1/2 lb, sliced
- Beans, cannellini or garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Pasta, penne (or other shape) - 6 oz
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Sour cream - 1/4 cup
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - to taste
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain and keep 1/4 to 1/2 cup (58 to 118 mL) of pasta water (for 4 servings; adjust accordingly if customizing).
- While pasta cooks, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then garlic, shallots, and tomatoes to heated oil. Saute for ~1 minute.
- Next add in sausage, beans, and peppers. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Toss in pasta and ~1/4 cup (58 mL) of pasta water. Saute for another 2 minutes. If it needs more sauce, add more pasta water.
- Fold in sour cream and spinach. Finish with lemon juice and season to taste with salt, pepper, and your favorite hot sauce!
Super delicious! I didn't add any fish, just doubled the sausage and it was great! Would definitely make again.0 Helpful
I really liked this, and loved how easily it all came together! I didn't add cajun seasoning but I definitely would in the future.0 Helpful
My husband complained that the sauce was too thin. I think he didn't like the beans he didn't notice. My kids didn't hate it. I agree it was only meh. I probably won't make it again. Did I give it a fair shake? Maybe not. I used smoked turkey sausage and Cajun spice instead of andouille sausage? The sauce really was thin. I love beans and didn't like them here.0 Helpful
Added Tofurkey sausage for more veggie protein. Was great and easy - made it for a crowd and everyone liked it (meat eaters and veggos alike!).0 Helpful
Per the reviews, I added about a teaspoon of cajun spice with the pepper mix. My whole family loved it.0 Helpful
Added some Cajun seasoning and cheddar cheese. Consider doubling the sausage next time. -R0 Helpful