Pulled Pork Pizza with Pineapple and Jalapenos
romaine salad with pineapples and cucumbers
It's pizza night! And this version is gonna take you to the tropics. Leftover pulled pork is an even more delicious substitute for ham in our version of a Hawaiian pizza. This meal is sure to make everybody smile!
Smarts: Make sure to watch our videos on how to work with pizza dough for the best results.
- Pizza dough - 1 lb
- Flour - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, mozzarella - 5 oz, grated
- Green onions - 1 stalk, sliced
- Pineapple - 2 oz, chopped
- Jalapenos - 1, sliced ((remove seeds for less heat))
- Tomato sauce - 1 cup
- Leftover pulled pork (from Tue) - 1 cup
- Red pepper flakes - for serving
- Pineapple - 6 oz, chopped
- Apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Romaine lettuce - 4 oz, sliced or chopped
- Cucumbers - 4 oz, chopped
- Pizza dough - Cover in flour and let rest for at least 30 minutes outside of fridge before rolling out. This is tip #1 to good pizza - resting dough gives gluten time to chill out, which makes the dough much more pliable.
- Cheese / Green onions / Pineapple (for pizza and salad) / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees and position top rack so it’s at the very top.
- Brush or spray a sheet pan with some oil. Using hands, stretch out pizza dough to cover sheet pan - it should be pretty easy to do if you let the dough rest. Brush dough with a bit of oil.
- Bake dough on top rack for 3 minutes without toppings. This solo time in the oven gives the dough time to crisp up; if you put toppings on now, your crust may get soggy.
- Spread the tomato sauce over dough, cover in cheese, and sprinkle on green onions, leftover pulled pork, pineapple, and jalapenos.
- Bake pizza on the top rack for 8 to 11 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- While pizza is baking, whisk together apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Djion mustard, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chop romaine and cucumbers.
- When pizza is ready, toss dressing with pineapple, cucumbers, and romaine. Serve pizza with red pepper flakes and salad on the side!
Would make again.0 Helpful
I substituted the tomato sauce for a homemade BBQ sauce. My husband and I both loved it!0 Helpful
I didn't do the dough quite right. We like it a little crispier.0 Helpful
I've never considered myself a 'baker' nor have I worked with raw dough before, so this started out as a disaster. Flour everywhere and an uncooperative lump of dough sticking to everything. Finally figured it out and the recipe was a huge household hit. Glad I stuck it out...definitely worth the mess and trouble!0 Helpful
Loved it and it was super easy.0 Helpful
yummy tropical flavors. Never had jicama before. Tastes like a spicy cucumber! :D0 Helpful