Cumin-Coriander Carrot and Farro Salad
kidney beans / currants / toasted pistachios
- Carrots - 4, peeled into ribbons or grated
- Parsley (opt) - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Red wine vinegar - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 4 Tbsp
- Kidney beans (14oz / 397g can) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/2 cup
- Leftover cooked farro (from Mon) - 2 cups
- Currants (sub raisins or craisins) - 1/2 cup
- Carrots (follow this zucchini video for ribbons or grate) / Parsley (opt) - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, cumin, coriander, honey, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Kidney beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat an oven to 350F / 177C.
- Place pistachios on a sheet pan and toast for 6 to 8 minutes, giving the pan a shake midway through.
- If you want this to be a warmer salad, you can also heat up leftover cooked farro in the microwave or in a pan with a little bit of water.
- Toss carrots, parsley, kidney beans, pistachios, leftover farro, and currants with vinaigrette. Season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed. For those that have recently bought harissa paste, this is a perfect dish to use it in if you want more of a kick. Enjoy!
This was good, but wasn't enough of a meal for the family of 6 of us. We prefer to have a main dish along with a side. Still great as a side salad or to bring to a BBQ.0 Helpful
Didn't have skewers, so this was more like "lamb chunks and carrot salad." The flavors were good but an additional element would have pulled the dish together more. Will be making the salad again!0 Helpful
Such a great Meatless Monday dish!0 Helpful
I really liked this! It is a great, healthy, unusual side dish. I would add some type of meat if I wanted it to be the main dish but I love it as a side dish. I also added a bit of sriracha sauce for that extra oomph! Would definitely make this again.0 Helpful
I don't know if I did something wrong but it didn't come together for me.0 Helpful
Delicious and satisfying, but next time I may add some green onion or finely chopped red onion to amp up the flavor. Great as leftovers, and would be a good dish for a potluck.0 Helpful