Roasted Root Veggies and Lentil Salad
with cumin-spiced yogurt dressing
Smarts: Chop veggies so they're about the same size, which means they'll cook more evenly.
- Rutabagas (sub turnips) - 1/2 lb, peeled and chopped
- Parsnips - 1/2 lb, peeled and chopped
- Carrots - 1 lb, peeled and chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Lentils, cooked - 2 cups
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Yogurt, plain - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp + 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Pita bread - 4 slices
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss veggies with second part of cooking oil on a sheet pan. Spread out into 1 even layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, shaking and rotating pan midway through. Add lentils in the last 5 minutes to warm them up.
- While veggies roast, slice up pita bread.
- Sprinkle roasted veggies and lentils with salt and pepper right out of the oven. Toss with parsley and yogurt dressing. Season to taste with salt, pepper, or more cumin and / or lemon juice. Enjoy with sliced up pita!
Pork needed to cook much longer to be done. Veggies we're goid0 Helpful
Eh. It was okay but not delicious.0 Helpful
Everything turned out perfect! My husband really liked the veggies.0 Helpful
I was pleasantly surprised at the root vegetables!0 Helpful
Veggies were great! I used left-over pork roast, cooked in crock pot with balsamic glaze.0 Helpful
The marinade didn't give my pork loin much flavor.0 Helpful