Maple-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
with roasted rutabagas / parsnips / carrots
Smarts: It's so worth the extra few minutes to give your proteins a sear - it adds color, texture, and flavor.
- Pork tenderloin - 1 1/4 lb
- Rutabagas (sub turnips) - 1/2 lb, peeled and chopped
- Parsnips - 1/2 lb, peeled and chopped
- Carrots - 1 lb, peeled and chopped
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Chicken stock or white wine - 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup - 2 Tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Make maple-balsamic marinade - Whisk together maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon mustard, aminos, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pork tenderloin - Pour 2 Tbsp (for 4 servings; adjust accordingly if customizing) of marinade over pork, lightly salt and pepper, and then tenderize with a fork. (Should be done 1 day ahead)
- Rutabagas / Parsnips / Carrots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up 4 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss veggies with first part of cooking oil on a sheet pan. Spread out into 1 even layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, shaking and rotating pan midway through.
- While veggies roast, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add second part of cooking oil and then pork tenderloin to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden. Pour chicken stock or wine into skillet, cover loosely with foil, and bake in the oven for 16 to 20 minutes or until pork reaches 145F / 63C.
- Toss roasted veggies with 2 Tbsp of marinade (again for 4 servings; adjust accordingly if customizing) and salt and pepper right out of the oven. Serve with sliced pork tenderloin, and drizzle remainder of marinade over pork.
Pork needed to cook much longer to be done. Veggies we're goid0 Helpful
Eh. It was okay but not delicious.0 Helpful
Everything turned out perfect! My husband really liked the veggies.0 Helpful
I was pleasantly surprised at the root vegetables!0 Helpful
Veggies were great! I used left-over pork roast, cooked in crock pot with balsamic glaze.0 Helpful
The marinade didn't give my pork loin much flavor.0 Helpful