Southwest Green Chili Turkey Cheeseburgersmixed green salad / tomatoes / paprika vinaigrette
- Green chilies (4 oz / 113 g) - 1 can
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Ground turkey, lean - 1 1/4 lb
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cheddar cheese - 4 slices
- Buns - 4
- Tomatoes - 2, sliced
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 cup
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Chilies - Open can and drain liquid.
- Make patties - Mix chilies, paprika, coriander, chili powder, cumin, and salt with ground turkey. Form into patties (1 / serving). If you wet your hands first, it’s easier to work with the meat.
- Heat up a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then patties to heated oil. Cook on both sides for 5 to 6 minutes, until the turkey patty reaches 165F / 74C. Once turkey is cooked through, top with cheese and cook for another minute.
- While turkey patties cook, make vinaigrette by whisking together paprika, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast buns. Slice tomatoes for burgers and set aside some greens from your salad ingredients for burgers too.
- Toss cherry tomatoes and greens with vinaigrette when burgers are ready. Enjoy your cheeseburgers with toppings and whatever condiments you enjoy and salad on the side!
Liked the burger a lot (boyfriend wished it had some kind of condiment) but didnt love the salad0 Helpful
Only made the burgers. They were delicious.0 Helpful
Loved how easy it was! Forgot the pepitas. Used finger limes and it was awesome to get that burst of flavor. I look forward to it being even better tomorrow.0 Helpful
Yum! Really delicious and filling soup, super easy to make. I subbed kale for collards, since I had a bunch on hand anyway. I think this will be even better once it's had some time to sit a bit and develop the flavors.0 Helpful
Burgers were a little dry, but the slaw was tasty even without the honey (not adding sugar to recipes at the moment).0 Helpful
Burgers tasty and salad delicious0 Helpful