Rotisserie Chicken Chile Verde Soup
with avocado and radishes
- Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Jalapenos - 1, seeded and diced
- Peppers, poblano - 1, diced
- <a href="https://vimeo.com/124047127" target="_blank">Tomatillos</a> - 3, husked and chopped
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin - 2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Chicken stock - 4 cups
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Radishes - 4, sliced
- Hot sauce (opt) - to taste
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and then garlic, onions, jalapenos, poblanos, and tomatillos mixture. Saute for ~2 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Stir in red wine vinegar, cumin, oregano, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes until the flavors really start to build.
- Add stock and chicken to the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 16 to 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, cube avocado and slice radishes.
- Season soup to taste with salt, pepper, any more spices, and / or hot sauce. Divide soup into bowls and garnish with avocado and radishes. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy hot!
Holy guacamole! This soup was awesome--and the avocado creme was to die for! Definitely will make this again. (Jan. 207)0 Helpful
This was great! Filling and good flavor.0 Helpful
Was really good. I added a bit of cilantro to the soup and came out awesome0 Helpful
Added Bison0 Helpful
This was good, one of the better recipes we've tried. We used 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, a full box of broth and an additional can of beans before blending. Next time we'll add cilantro.0 Helpful
We like spicy food and this was easy to make with easy to find ingredients. Had a bit of difficulty making the tortilla chips but think we can work through that in the next go round. Made our own adaptations based on what we liked. Thank you.0 Helpful