Tostadas with Chipotle Chicken
with spicy slaw
- Spiced yogurt (leftover from Tuesday) - 1/2 cup
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Coleslaw mix (or sub with shredded cabbage and carrots) - 6 oz
- Radishes - 3, matchsticks
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Shredded chipotle chicken (leftover from Mon) - ~4 cups
- Corn tortillas (6-inch) - 8
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Warm shredded chipotle chicken (leftover from Mon) in a saute pan or skillet over medium-low heat until it's hot.
- Heat tortillas by brushing both sides lightly with cooking oil and baking on a sheet pan. Toast ~2 to 3 minutes on each side just until warm and crisp. (Watch the tortillas closely so they don't burn.)
- Assemble tostadas by topping each tortilla with chicken and slaw and finishing with radishes, cilantro and a squeeze of lime!
I served as tacos with a soft shell. Chicken was much more flavorful a couple days later - so much so that my husband complained about the extreme heat! I swear I only used one chipotle pepper.0 Helpful
Just amazing! The slaw and chicken were excellent!0 Helpful
Spicier than Monday!0 Helpful
The sauce is amazing, will definitely add this to the favorites. We even made the corn shells, they were quite easy, would be fun next time for the kids to do :).0 Helpful
I made these into tacos instead, which worked out perfectly. I also added some mexican cheese (had it in the fridge). I had doubled the avocado mash from Monday's meal and used the rest on the tacos. I also used leftover chipotle sauce as a salsa. Yummy! BTW, cooksmarts, thanks for not succumbing to America's insistence on only eating white meat! I love that you use chicken thighs. They are so much more flavorful than breasts!0 Helpful