Tostadas with Chipotle Chicken
with spicy slaw
Baked tortillas make a crispy base for leftover chipotle chicken and a spicy (or not) slaw. Skip the silverware - the messiness of eating tostadas is part of the fun!
- Spiced yogurt (leftover from Tuesday) - 1/2 cup
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Coleslaw mix (or sub with shredded cabbage and carrots) - 6 oz
Tostadas with Chipotle Chicken:
- Radishes - 3 , matchsticks
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Limes - 1/2 , wedges
- Shredded chipotle chicken (leftover from Mon) - ~4 cups
- Corn tortillas (6-inch; sub flour) - 8
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Make slaw - Whisk together spiced yogurt with Sriracha (opt) and brown sugar. Toss with coleslaw mix. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Radishes / Cilantro / Limes - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Warm shredded chipotle chicken (leftover from Mon) in a saute pan or skillet over medium-low heat until it's hot.
- Heat tortillas by brushing both sides lightly with cooking oil and baking on a sheet pan. Toast ~2 to 3 minutes on each side just until warm and crisp. (Watch the tortillas closely so they don't burn. Flour tortillas will toast more quickly than corn tortillas.)
- Assemble tostadas by topping each tortilla with chicken and slaw and finishing with radishes, cilantro and a squeeze of lime!