Za'atar Chickpeas and Cauliflower
with tabouli, spiced yogurt and pita
- Cherry tomatoes - 1/2 pint , chopped
- Shallots - 1/2 , minced
- Feta - 4 oz , crumbled
- Parsley - 1 large bunch (~3 cups)
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Za'atar Chickpeas and Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower - 1 head , chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , chopped
- Garbanzo beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can , rinsed and drained
- Pita bread - 4
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lemon - 1/2
- Greek yogurt, plain - 1 cup
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Cauliflower / Red peppers - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make spiced yogurt - If prepping right before cooking, get cauliflower in the oven before returning to this step. Whisk together yogurt, cumin and chili powder. Reserve half the spiced yogurt for Wednesday. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make tabouli - Prep tomatoes, shallots and feta as directed. Chop parsley. Toss tomatoes, shallots, feta, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with some salt. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Garbanzo beans - Drain and rinse.
- Pita - Slice into triangles.
- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- In a large bowl toss cauliflower, red pepper and garbanzo beans with cooking oil and za’atar. Season with some salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan. Bake, stirring halfway through, until edges of the cauliflower begin to turn brown ~25 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over top.
- Serve with spiced yogurt (remember to save half for Wed) drizzled over the top. Add tabouli, pita and a few extra lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!