Za'atar Shrimp and Cauliflower
with tabouli and spiced yogurt
Roasting cauliflower and shrimp on one pan with staggered cooking times minimizes dishes and insures both are cooked to perfection. Za'atar spice and a fresh tabouli salad lend herby citrus flavors while a spiced yogurt sauce brings it all together!
- Cherry tomatoes - 1/2 pint , chopped
- Cucumbers - 1 large , chopped
- Shallots - 1/2 , minced
- Feta - 4 oz , crumbled
- Parsley - 1 large bunch (~3 cups)
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Za'atar Shrimp and Cauliflower:
- Shrimp, shelled and de-veined - 1 lb
- Cauliflower - 1 head , chopped
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp + 2 tsp
- Lemon - 1/2 , wedges
- Baby carrots - 6 oz
- Greek yogurt, plain - 1 cup
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry.
- Cauliflower - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make spiced yogurt - If prepping right before cooking, get cauliflower in the oven before returning to this step. Whisk together yogurt, cumin and chili powder. Reserve half the spiced yogurt for Wednesday. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make tabouli - Prep tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots and feta as directed. Chop parsley. Toss tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots, feta, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil together. Season with some salt. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with first part of cooking oil and za'atar. Season with some salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan and bake until edges begin to turn brown, ~15 minutes.
- While cauliflower roasts, toss shrimp in the remaining cooking oil and za'atar. Season with some salt and pepper. Add shrimp to cauliflower and return pan to oven. Continue baking until shrimp are cooked through, another ~10 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over top.
- Serve with baby carrots and spiced yogurt (remember to save half for Wed) for dipping. Add tabouli and a few extra lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!