Turkey and Avocado Wraps
with roasted radish, butter lettuce salad
Wraps don't have to be just for lunch! By using deli shortcuts, these simple wraps come together super quickly for a dinner that anyone can pull together.
Smarts: Cold cuts don't have to be just for sandwiches. Consider chopping some up and putting it into a morning oatmeal for some extra protein.
- Tomatoes, small - 2, sliced
- Tortillas, pita, or naan - 4
- Turkey - 8 slices
- Swiss cheese - 4 slices
- Avocados, medium - 2, mashed
- Limes - 1/2, juice of
- Radishes - 3/4 lb
- Green onions - 1 stalk, sliced thinly
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Butter lettuce - 5 oz
- Radishes - Slice off ends and then slice in half (this video shows how to slice - stop at the halving step). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice.
- Green onions - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees. Situate racks so that it can fit radishes and wraps.
- Toss radishes with some oil, salt, and pepper onto a small sheet pan or baking pan and roast for 15 minutes, shaking once midway through.
- Lay out tortillas, pita, or naan onto another sheet pan. Layer with turkey slices (2 / wrap) and cheese (1 slice / wrap). Toast / melt in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- While wraps are warming, cube and then mash avocados with some salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking red wine vinegar, Dijon, honey, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado on top of turkey and then finish with tomato slices. Roll up wraps. Toss lettuce, radishes, and green onions with vinaigrette. Enjoy wraps with salad!
Only made the wraps -- the avocado is the only thing that made it interesting. But it was quick!0 Helpful
Roasted radishes were AMAZING! Although we doubled the meat and cheese. Very filling and awesome!!!0 Helpful
This one will definitely be one of my favorites!! Already done a couple of times also for lunch but will skip the ovenbaked radish.0 Helpful
These were fantastic. Served with a simple tossed salad and corn on the cob. Definitely in the rotation now.0 Helpful
I really liked it! Especially the roasted radishes. Yum! So easy to vary aswell! Made my own glutenfree tortillas, so good combo! Thanks! :)0 Helpful
So easy to make and tastes great!0 Helpful