Thai Chicken Curry with Eggplant and Mango
Smarts: The spice in this curry can be easily adapted - use a mild curry paste or kick up the heat with Sriracha or red pepper flakes.
- Chicken breasts - 1 lb, 1" / 2.5 cm cubes
- Eggplants - 1, 1" / 2.5 cm cubes
- Onions - 1/2, chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1, thinly sliced
- Mangos - 1/2, chopped
- Thai basil (opt) - 1 bunch, chopped
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp + 2 tsp
- Yellow curry paste (sub red, panang or green) - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken stock (or water) - 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Fish sauce - 2 tsp
- Leftover quinoa - ~2 cups
- Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil. When oil shimmers, add chicken and eggplant. Season with some salt. Saute until chicken is cooked through and eggplant is tender ~5 minutes. Remove chicken and eggplant from wok and set aside.
- Return wok to heat and add second part of cooking oil. Add onions and saute until translucent ~2 minutes. Add curry paste and stir to coat onions.
- Add red peppers and saute ~2 minutes. Add stock, coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken and eggplant. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Stir in mango, basil and lime.
- Serve over leftover quinoa (made on Monday)!
Thanks to other reviews, I added lots more coconut milk to increase the amount of sauce. Loved this!0 Helpful
Used a whole can of coconut milk and a little more stock. Delicious!0 Helpful
Probably could have used more coconut milk0 Helpful
Delicious. Did wish there was more sauce - would definitely add in more milk and curry paste next time.0 Helpful
I thought this was good, but would slice the chicken thinner next time and probably just use coconut milk instead of both coconut milk and chicken broth. Also added some arrowroot powder at the end to thicken up the sauce.0 Helpful
I think there just wasnt enough curry paste. Very little sauce w this one. Had a rough time w the tofu too.... It just didn't crisp on the outside. Would put it in pan before eggplant or maybe broil it.0 Helpful