Italian Ribollita Soup
with beans, veggies, and crusty bread
Italian Ribollita [Bean] Soup:
- Pancetta (sub bacon) - 4 oz , diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves , minced
- Carrots - 2 , diced
- Celery - 2 ribs , diced
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch , leaves torn, stems chopped
- Beans, white, like cannellini (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasonings - 1 Tbsp
- Basil, dried - 2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced - 1 cup
- Stock, chicken - 4 cups
- Cheese, parmesan - 1 rind + more for serving
- Crusty bread (opt) - 5 oz
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and saute for ~1 minute.
- Add garlic, chard stems, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasonings, basil, and black pepper. Saute for another 2 minutes, letting the flavors caramelize together.
- Add carrots, celery, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and parmesan rind. Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, until carrots and celery are tender.
- Fold in beans and chard leaves.
- Fish out parmesan rind, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with more parmesan. Enjoy with crusty bread if using.