Italian Ribollita Soup
with beans, veggies, and crusty bread
- Pancetta (sub bacon) - 4 oz, diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Carrots - 2, diced
- Celery - 2 ribs, diced
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch, leaves torn, stems chopped
- Beans, white, like cannellini (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasonings - 1 Tbsp
- Basil, dried - 2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced - 1 cup
- Stock, chicken - 4 cups
- Cheese, parmesan - 1 rind + more for serving
- Crusty bread (opt) - 5 oz
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and saute for ~1 minute.
- Add garlic, chard stems, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasonings, basil, and black pepper. Saute for another 2 minutes, letting the flavors caramelize together.
- Add carrots, celery, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and parmesan rind. Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, until carrots and celery are tender.
- Fold in beans and chard leaves.
- Fish out parmesan rind, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with more parmesan. Enjoy with crusty bread if using.
This was awesome. I used bacon instead of pancetta and spinach instead of chard. The best (almost) vegetable soup I've made myself!1 Helpful
This was so good - used bacon instead of pancetta so no added salt needed. Added more stock than called for.0 Helpful
I agree with the person that mentioned too much Italian seasoning. Googled how to cut over seasoning said to add water. Made it more palatable0 Helpful
This was delicious! I'm a big eater and like lots of leftovers so I made a few adjustments. I used about 10 oz of spicy Italian sausage instead of pancetta and doubled the garlic and Italian spices. I also added in a whole can of garbanzo beans in addition to the cannellini. Was excellent!0 Helpful
Added breakfast sausage and extra tomato paste0 Helpful
Used spinach instead of chard. And bacon instead of Panchetta. Was very delicious, and a small bowl was surprisingly filling. Would definitely make again.0 Helpful
Joseph would give it 5 stars and I'd give it 3.5 so I settled on 4. LOL He made it and said he might have burned the spices a little which may have been why I wasn't too keen on it.0 Helpful