Turkey, Sundried Tomato, and Broccoli Frittata
with mixed green salad
- Ground turkey, lean - 1 lb
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, sliced
- Broccoli - 2 cups, chopped
- Sundried tomatoes - 6 , sliced
- Eggs - 8, whisked
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Parsley, dried - 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Place broccoli into a microwave-safe container. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Next heat up a skillet over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then onions to heated oil with a dash of salt. Saute for about ~3 minutes, until softened. Next add in turkey, garlic, sundried tomatoes, oregano, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Use a wooden spoon to break up turkey and brown meat for the next 5 minutes. If a lot of fat has rendered out, drain all but 1 tbsp / 15 ml (for 4 servings; adjust accordingly if customizing servings).
- Next fold in broccoli and pour in eggs. Stir to mix everything through and then transfer to oven. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata cooks, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with mixed greens when frittata is done. Enjoy frittata with side salad!
I turned to this version after reading concerns about the 2021 version being too soupy. Cooking the pasta in all the liquids for the sauce worked beautifully - this was a hit!0 Helpful
The meat was really tasty and I liked it in the zucchini boat! The broccoli was very tasty! Like the other users, it was incredibly soupy so not sure what happened there. I enjoyed it, but gave it a 3 stars only because I wouldn't put it on my list to make again.0 Helpful
First time making this for my family. My son said, this shouldn't be called hamburger helper because it is hamburger heaven. LOL! I guess he liked it. All of my kids asked for more. I reduced the milk by a cup and added an additional cup of water due to milk being in high demand around here and supplies in local stores are very low.0 Helpful
Yum! Used Greektown seasoning with smoked hot paprika and some fire salt. Also used 4 cloves of garlic and added some onion. Can you tell I made this when I was congested :D0 Helpful
We made it with gluten free pasta. We loved it!0 Helpful
Everyone loved this meal. I saved the red pepper for the adult plates. The next time I make this, I will reduce both liquids, as I had to really cook it down. I ended up adding an 8 Oz block of extra sharp cheddar to the meal. I did not add lemon to the broccoli as the kids freaked the last time. I didn't have leftovers to put away. :)0 Helpful