Chopped Leftover Adobo Chicken Salad
cucumbers / peppers / clementines
Smarts: Pack your salad in a Mason jar for an easy lunch. Layer dressing, green onions, chicken, clementines, cucumbers, peppers, and then lettuce, tighten top and bring to work / school. Shake when ready to eat.
- Cucumbers - 1, chopped ((Look for English or double Persian for fewer seeds))
- Red peppers - 1 1/2, chopped
- Romaine lettuce - 8 oz, chopped
- Clementines - 6, segmented
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Leftover adobo chicken - ~1 lb
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Warm chicken if desired.
- Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers, red peppers, romaine, clementines, green onions, and chicken together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide and enjoy!
Loved it, and liked the chicken much more here than last night. Next time, I will use leftover teriyaki chicken. I would not go to the effort of making the adobo chicken just to have it for this salad.0 Helpful
So refreshing on a nice Spring day!0 Helpful
This was great. It looked so nice on the plate too. I felt like I was a restaurant chef or something.0 Helpful
Loved the salad dressing! I'm going to make this dressing to keep on hand for random lunch/dinner salads.0 Helpful
Threw in some leftover quinoa as well for some extra protein. Yum!0 Helpful
I just love creative salads and this one did not disappoint. The dressing was a little oily and we didn't need much because the chicken was full of juice.0 Helpful