Chopped Leftover Adobo Chicken Salad
cucumbers / peppers / clementines
Everyone will fall in love with the colors, textures, and flavors of this salad, which is a cinch with leftover adobo chicken.
Smarts: Pack your salad in a Mason jar for an easy lunch. Layer dressing, green onions, chicken, clementines, cucumbers, peppers, and then lettuce, tighten top and bring to work / school. Shake when ready to eat.
- Cucumbers - 1 , chopped ((Look for English or double Persian for fewer seeds))
- Red peppers - 1 1/2 , chopped
- Romaine lettuce - 8 oz , chopped
- Clementines - 6 , segmented
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Leftover adobo chicken - ~1 lb
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Warm chicken if desired.
Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers, red peppers, romaine, clementines, green onions, and chicken together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide and enjoy!