Egg & Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
with oregano roasted potatoes and pickles
Smarts: If you can't find tahini, scoop in some Dijon.
- Eggs - 8
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Garbanzo beans - 1 cup, drained and rinsed
- Mayonnaise - 6 Tbsp
- Tahini - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, large - 1, sliced
- Romaine lettuce - 2 leaves
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices ((Lighter option - use 4 slices and serve open-face))
- Pickles - 4
- New or red potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, quartered
- Dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Hard boil eggs - Cover eggs by 1” / 2.5 cm of water. Salt generously and then bring to a boil. Once water has reached a boil, take it off the heat and just let it sit for 11 minutes. Crack eggs before serving. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Quarter. Skip to ‘Make’ step #1 before returning to prep.
- Parsley / Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make egg salad - Drain and rinse beans. Rough chop beans and eggs and mix in mayo (or sub plain yogurt), tahini, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tomatoes / Romaine - Prep for sandwich toppings.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C degrees. Spread potatoes out into one even layer on a sheet pan. Cover tightly with foil and ‘steam’ for 10 minutes.
- After potatoes have steamed for ~10 minutes, remove foil and toss potatoes with oregano and cooking oil. Return to oven and roast for another 10 to 12 minutes, until golden and crispy on the outside. Salt and pepper right out of the oven.
- Toast bread.
- Assemble sandwiches by layering egg and garbanzo bean salad, tomatoes, and romaine. Enjoy with pickles and herb roasted potatoes!
Used cooked salmon from the no drain packs. It fit better into my schedule that I didn't have to skin and chop filet. They were still very good! Tartar sauce was great. Potatoes were ok.0 Helpful
Wasn't sure about this one, but we all enjoyed it. I used canned salmon which worked fine.0 Helpful
This was so fresh and delicious! We added a bit more panko to help hold together. I agree that a veggie side may have been better because I felt like this was such a healthy dish (fresh chopped salmon, parsley, yogurt sauce!)0 Helpful
This was really good. The salmon burgers fell apart a lot when I was cooking them though, but they were still yummy.0 Helpful
I was so excited about this but the salmon burger just came out a but to dense.0 Helpful
Really good! We used store-bought tartar sauce to save time and because we couldn't find capers!0 Helpful