Skirt Steak Salad
with romaine, cabbage, and zesty dressing
Smarts: Remember to slice beef against the grain for tender chewing.
- Skirt steak - 1 1/2 lbs
- Romaine lettuce - 4 cups, thinly sliced
- Cabbage - 2 cups, thinly sliced
- Celery - 2 stalks, thinly sliced
- Lime juice - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, dijon - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 4 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp
- Season steak - Season steak with some salt and pepper on both sides and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Romaine / Cabbage / Celery - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Combine lime juice with honey, mustard, first part of cooking oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss with romaine, cabbage, and celery.
- Heat second part of cooking oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until steak is browned and firm to the touch.
- Remove the steak and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice rested steak against the grain (look for the fibers of the steak and slice perpendicular to them).
- Salt and pepper salad to taste. Place sliced steak on top. Enjoy!
Loved this added some blue cheese and bell peppers for a little extra flavor very tasty!!0 Helpful
This recipe doesn't seem to include removing the membrane from the skirt steak. I'm wondering if that is why several comments say the meat was tough or chewy, if they didn't remove the membrane. Anyway, we had this with basil mayo and it was delicious!0 Helpful
My bad. Used the wrong meat cut. Although tasty, meat was chewy.0 Helpful
Would have been better to marinate the steak first.0 Helpful
A bit too dry.0 Helpful
Added mushrooms to the onions and a bit of feta on top. Amazing!0 Helpful