Cheesy Southwest Black Bean Tortilla Wraps
with a side salad tossed in paprika vinaigrette
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Onions, small - 1 , diced
- Bell peppers, any type - 1 1/2, diced
- Black beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Salsa, store-bought (choose your fave) - 1/2 cup + more for serving
- Cheese, Mexican blend - 4 oz
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Heat oven to 375F (or 190C) degrees.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic, onions, and peppers to heated oil with cumin, coriander, and some salt and pepper. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in black beans and salsa and mix everything through.
- Divide filling and cheese across tortillas by placing ingredients at the bottom of the tortilla. Now fold bottom of the tortilla over filling. Then fold the sides and roll up as tightly as possible. If the tortillas are not super pliable, microwave them for 20 to 30 seconds to soften. Place seam side down on a sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- While tortilla wraps are baking, make vinaigrette by whisking paprika, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with tomatoes and mixed greens when wraps are ready. Enjoy wraps warm with cheese still oozing and with more salsa!
I liked it even better cold the next day! Good breakfast burrito.0 Helpful
Kiddo's liked this one a lot. Served with sliced avocados over the top.0 Helpful
The wraps were excellent! I had enough chicken left over I made a bbq chicken version the next evening =)0 Helpful
My husband and I love easy things to bring to work for lunch. This was absolutely perfect! Easy to prep the night before and stick in the microwave (or eat cold)!0 Helpful
Tasted ok and easy to make but didn't impress hubby and toddler enough to make again.0 Helpful