Cheesy Southwest Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Wraps
with a side salad tossed in paprika vinaigrette
Cheesy Southwest Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Wraps:
- Rotisserie chicken - 2 cups , shredded
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Onions, small - 1 , diced
- Bell peppers, any type - 1 1/2 , diced
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Salsa, store-bought (choose your fave) - 1/2 cup + more for serving
- Cheese, Mexican blend - 4 oz
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
Side Salad with Paprika-Spiced Vinaigrette:
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and shred; if making tomorrow’s dinner, you can do the whole chicken. Use knife and fork or just hands. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Garlic / Onions / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. If making tomorrow’s dinner, you can double the garlic and onions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 375F (or 190C) degrees.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic, onions, and peppers to heated oil with cumin, coriander, and some salt and pepper. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in chicken and salsa and mix everything through.
- Divide filling and cheese across tortillas by placing ingredients at the bottom of the tortilla. Now fold bottom of the tortilla over filling. Then fold the sides and roll up as tightly as possible. If the tortillas are not super pliable, microwave them for 20 to 30 seconds to soften. Place seam side down on a sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- While tortilla wraps are baking, make vinaigrette by whisking paprika, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with tomatoes and mixed greens when wraps are ready. Enjoy wraps warm with cheese still oozing and with more salsa!
- If making tomorrow’s meal, you can go ahead and get it slow cooking overnight if you want!