Egg Scramble with Mushrooms and Chard
with apple & mixed green salad
Egg Scramble with Mushrooms and Chard:
- Shallots - 1 bulb , diced
- Mushrooms, brown - 3/4 lb , chopped
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch , leaves torn, stems chopped
- Eggs - 7
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Thyme leaves - 1/2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 2 tsp
- Grassfed butter - 1 Tbsp
Side Salad with Apples or Pears:
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Apple or pear - 1 , chopped
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Sliced almonds - 2 Tbsp
- Shallots / Mushrooms / Chard - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Vinaigrette - Whisk vinegars, Dijon, and maple syrup with oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead and refrigerated)
- Apple or pear - Chop into bite-sized pieces (or julienne!).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shallots, chard stems, and thyme leaves to heated oil. Saute until softened, ~1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, chard leaves, red wine vinegar, and some salt. Saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat and add butter. Once melted, pour in whisked eggs and scramble over a low heat until you get the texture you want. Remove from heat.
- Toss vinaigrette with greens, chopped apples or pears, and sliced almonds. Enjoy with your egg scramble.