Maple-Thyme Panko Salmon
with avocado and citrus salad
Smarts: Make an extra batch of this panko crust to easily spoon over any protein to dress up any weeknight meal.
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp, minced
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Citrus (like grapefruit or oranges) - 2, segmented
- Avocados, large - 1, cubed
- Salad greens - 1/4 lb
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 3 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 3/4 cup
- Thyme leaves - 1/2 tsp ((or sub half the amount in dried thyme))
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Place onto sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Make panko crust - Melt butter in the microwave (30 - 45 seconds will do). Mix in maple syrup, panko, thyme leaves, and some salt and pepper. Spread panko over salmon.
- Make vinaigrette - If prepping right before cooking, complete ‘Make’ steps #1-2 before returning to this prep step. Dice shallots. Mix with Dijon mustard, vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, or a sweetener. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead and refrigerated)
- Citrus - Segment. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F (or 203C) degrees.
- Roast salmon for 12 to 15 minutes, until panko is golden and salmon is mostly opaque, but maybe still a bit translucent in the center.
- While salmon is cooking, cube avocado.
- When salmon is done, toss vinaigrette with citrus, avocado, and greens, and enjoy with crunchy salmon!
I'm pretty sure anything with Panko and maple syrup will be delicious. This was no exception!1 Helpful
Great salmon recipe. Used honey instead of maple syrup used half the amount, could have easily used less than that. Doubled the thyme and added quite a bit of salt and pepper. Dressing was great as written.0 Helpful
One of my all-time favorites!0 Helpful
Really liked this meal! Yummy.0 Helpful
I cut way back on the maple syrup because I didn't want it to be too sweet.0 Helpful
The salmon was way too sweet! Also we couldn't taste the thyme. I won't make it again but if I did I would only use 1 Tbs of maple syrup and double the thyme.0 Helpful
The crust was amazing0 Helpful