Sauteed Garlic Chicken
with broccoli and carrots
- Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless - 2
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Carrots - 1 lb, chopped
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken stock - 1/2 cup
- Grassfed butter - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Heat a pan with a lid over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until almost cooked through, ~4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and pour in chicken stock, and ‘deglaze’ (i.e., use liquid to scrape up any brown bits that may have formed in the pan). Place garlic in the stock and then broccoli and carrots. Cover and bring to a boil for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the pan with butter. Cook until chicken is done and veggies are done to your liking. Finish with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Paleo version is a chicken and veg stir fry.0 Helpful
This was a great snack rather than meal and I would make it again for a healthy snack option.0 Helpful
Made one batch of patties and then just cooked the remaining like hashbrowns. The latter turned out just fine.0 Helpful
My husband was skeptical, but we both really enjoyed these! Can't wait to try them with other veggies. I used a "super greens" blend for the salad, and subbed teff for the quinoa. Some harissa on the side rounded off the meal perfectly.0 Helpful
Good idea, but these came out kind of mushy for me. I think it was my execution.0 Helpful
I had to get a little more creative with the yogurt sauce by adding more seasoning but overall very good.0 Helpful