Aminos-Maple Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts
with aminos-maple roasted carrots
Smarts: Use a meat tenderizer to flatten out chicken breasts so they cook faster!
- Grassfed butter - 3 Tbsp
- Bragg's / Coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 2
- Aminos-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Almond meal - 1/2 cup
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Green onions - 3 stalks, green parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Aminos-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
- Prep chicken breasts - Chop in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until they’re about 1/2” (or 1.25 cm) thick. Season with salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Carrots - Chop into bite-sized pieces. In our photo, we used organic carrots, and just sliced them in half, lengthwise. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green onions, green parts - Slice. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Prep aminos-maple butter - Melt butter on the stovetop or melt in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Whisk in aminos and maple syrup.
- Prep aminos-maple mix - Mix chicken portion of the butter with almond meal.
- Heat oven to 400F (or 204C) degrees.
- Place chicken and carrots onto separate sheet pans. Cover chicken with almond meal mixture and toss carrots with cooking oil.
- Bake chicken for 15 to 20 minutes and carrots for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Toss carrots with its portion of aminos-maple butter and green onions right out of the oven.
- Enjoy chicken with carrots!
delicious! I felt myself wanting a little more though, maybe a side salad or something0 Helpful
SO delicious and incredibly easy! I just butterflied breasts, did not tenderize. Served over raw spinach.0 Helpful
A new favorite. Subbed white miso for red as its what we had on hand. Also made a side of corn. Came together SUPER quick. Definitely adding to regular rotation.0 Helpful
Yum! I want to put miso maple butter on everything!0 Helpful
Easy and delicious.0 Helpful
Replaced the maple syrup with mandarins juice, skipped the cooking oil.0 Helpful