Green Curry Noodle Soup
with tofu, napa, and mushrooms
Our recent green curry noodle soup was such a hit, we're bringing another variation of it with crunchy, sweet napa and earthy mushrooms. Plus, since it uses tofu, it's also a budget meal!
Smarts: Boiling the napa and mushrooms in the soup deepens the flavor of the final broth.
- Napa cabbage, small - 1/2 head, sliced
- Mushrooms, brown or cremini - 8 oz, sliced
- Jalapenos - 1, sliced
- Firm tofu - 1 lb, sliced into rectangles
- Noodles, udon (or other Asian noodles) - 8 oz
- Green curry paste - 2 1/2 Tbsp, more to taste
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Chicken stock - 4 cups
- Brown sugar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Fish sauce - 2 Tbsp
- Limes - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Napa cabbage / Mushrooms / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. For napa, if making Wednesday’s dinner, double and slice both days’ portions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tofu - Slice into 1/2” (or 1.25 cm) thick rectangles. (Can be done up 1 day ahead)
- Noodles - If making tomorrow’s dinner, double the noodle amounts. Cook according to package instructions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together green curry paste and coconut milk. Once combined, add in chicken stock, brown sugar, and fish sauce. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add in mushrooms and napa cabbage and simmer for ~5 minutes (neither take long to cook).
- Remove from heat and add in tofu.
- Slice lime into wedges.
- Portion noodles into bowls. Ladle soup over noodles. Serve with sliced jalapenos and lime wedges.
- If making tomorrow’s meal, season and tenderize your steak to create deeper flavors.
Made without tofu. Added Sriracha.0 Helpful
Really good!0 Helpful
Tofu just isn't my thing, I should have swapped for shrimp. Next time! The soup itself was very flavorful, it was just the tofu texture that puts me off.0 Helpful
Substituted tofu for the shrimp. But flavor was great!0 Helpful
It didn't look really appealing, but it was great comfort food.0 Helpful
I added zucchini noodles.0 Helpful