Spice-Roasted Fish Tacos
with cherry tomatoes and corn
- Fish (like tilapia, mahi mahi, cod) - 1 lb, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Cherry tomatoes - 8 oz
- Corn kernels - 1 cup
- Shallots - 1, sliced
- Tortillas - 8
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Sunflower seeds (opt) - 4 Tbsp
- Limes - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Create Latin-spiced marinade / vinaigrette - Combine brown sugar, paprika, cumin, and coriander. Whisk in sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead and kept refrigerated)
- Fish - Rinse, dry, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate taco ingredients - Divide marinade / vinaigrette in half. Toss fish, tomatoes, and corn with one half.
- Shallots - Slice and add to fish mixture. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F degrees (or 204C).
- Spread fish mixture out onto a foil or parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast for 11 to 13 minutes, until fish is golden and tomatoes have exploded with juices.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Toss arugula and sunflower seeds with the other half of the Latin-spiced vinaigrette.
- Slice limes into wedges.
- Let everyone plate their own tacos - arugula can be used to fill tacos and also eaten on the side. Enjoy with a squeeze of lime!
I used shrimp and red wine vinegar. Unfortunately, I didn't marinate long enough. Still good and easy.0 Helpful
The mixture was tasty, but like others said I will probably skip the tortilla and put it over a salad. Will make again.0 Helpful
we love this so delicious0 Helpful
This was delicious and so stinking easy! Loved that the roasted veggies were cherry tomatoes and corn - i.e. no prep. I used white wine vinegar in place of sherry vinegar, and we added some extra veggies we had in the fridge to the salad just to fill it out.0 Helpful
YUM!! Didn't realize that sherry cooking wine isn't the same as sherry vinegar. My bad! Had to add honey to aid the sharpness. This was fantastic.0 Helpful
I seasoned everything a little extra and used Greek yogurt for sour cream0 Helpful