Spice-Roasted Fish Tacoswith cherry tomatoes and corn
This dish will fill your kitchen with the aroma of Latin spices and everyone will be wondering, "When will dinner be ready?" Luckily, this doesn't take long to prepare!
Smarts: Juicy roasted tomatoes create an instant sauce!
- Fish (like tilapia, mahi mahi, cod) - 1 lb, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Cherry tomatoes - 8 oz
- Corn kernels - 1 cup
- Shallots - 1, sliced
- Tortillas - 8
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Sunflower seeds (opt) - 4 Tbsp
- Limes - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Create Latin-spiced marinade / vinaigrette - Combine brown sugar, paprika, cumin, and coriander. Whisk in sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead and kept refrigerated)
- Fish - Rinse, dry, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate taco ingredients - Divide marinade / vinaigrette in half. Toss fish, tomatoes, and corn with one half.
- Shallots - Slice and add to fish mixture. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F degrees (or 204C).
- Spread fish mixture out onto a foil or parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast for 11 to 13 minutes, until fish is golden and tomatoes have exploded with juices.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Toss arugula and sunflower seeds with the other half of the Latin-spiced vinaigrette.
- Slice limes into wedges.
- Let everyone plate their own tacos - arugula can be used to fill tacos and also eaten on the side. Enjoy with a squeeze of lime!
This meal has 98 reviews
we love this so delicious
This was delicious and so stinking easy! Loved that the roasted veggies were cherry tomatoes and corn - i.e. no prep. I used white wine vinegar in place of sherry vinegar, and we added some extra veggies we had in the fridge to the salad just to fill it out.
YUM!! Didn't realize that sherry cooking wine isn't the same as sherry vinegar. My bad! Had to add honey to aid the sharpness. This was fantastic.
I seasoned everything a little extra and used Greek yogurt for sour cream
I would bake the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes before mixing it with the other veggies. The sweet potatoes were still uncooked at 14 minutes.
very tasty. easy to make.