Spice-Roasted Fish Tacos
with cherry tomatoes and corn
Spice-Roasted Fish Tacos:
- Fish (like tilapia, mahi mahi, cod) - 1 lb , sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Cherry tomatoes - 8 oz
- Corn kernels - 1 cup
- Shallots - 1 , sliced
- Tortillas - 8
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Sunflower seeds (opt) - 4 Tbsp
- Limes - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Create Latin-spiced marinade / vinaigrette - Combine brown sugar, paprika, cumin, and coriander. Whisk in sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead and kept refrigerated)
- Fish - Rinse, dry, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate taco ingredients - Divide marinade / vinaigrette in half. Toss fish, tomatoes, and corn with one half.
- Shallots - Slice and add to fish mixture. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F degrees (or 204C).
- Spread fish mixture out onto a foil or parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast for 11 to 13 minutes, until fish is golden and tomatoes have exploded with juices.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Toss arugula and sunflower seeds with the other half of the Latin-spiced vinaigrette.
- Slice limes into wedges.
- Let everyone plate their own tacos - arugula can be used to fill tacos and also eaten on the side. Enjoy with a squeeze of lime!