Mediterranean Garbanzo Bean Saute
You'll feel like you're serving up a sophisticated restaurant dish when making this saute with the fresh herbs and the splash of wine!
Smarts: If you have more time, caramelize the onions longer for an even sweeter, more concentrated flavor.
- Onions - 1/2, sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 2, sliced thinly
- Olives, pitted (green or black) - 1/4 cup, sliced
- Parsley - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Spinach - 1 bunch
- Garbanzo beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Diced tomatoes (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can
- White wine - 1/2 cup
- Thyme leaves (fresh) - 1 tsp, remove leaves from stems
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Couscous (uncooked) - 3/4 cup
- Prepare couscous according to package instructions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chickpeas, paprika, and some salt to the heated oil. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in onions and saute with garbanzo beans for ~3 minutes, until onions are softened.
- Add diced tomatoes (not drained), red peppers, white wine, and thyme. Simmer for ~10 minutes.
- Add olives, parsley, and spinach leaves. Saute until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy with couscous.
Add 0.5 teaspoon chilli flakes Add artichoke, olives and capsicum roasted strips Add spinach at end Use chicken thigh Add parsley to couscous Add salt and pepper while sauce simmers0 Helpful
It probably would have been better had my husband not misread the recipe and put a 1/4 cup of lemon in it. :/ That being said, I would definitely make it again...correctly! The chicken was perfect!0 Helpful
Very easy to throw together especially if you marinate the chicken the night before. We used a boxed couscous that was rosemary and olive oil flavored and it went really well with this dish.0 Helpful
This didn't sound like my cup of tea, but I'm really glad I made it anyway, because it was delicious!0 Helpful
Really good. Wish I could have had it with the couscous but, alas, the carb count is simply too high.0 Helpful
I did't love this.0 Helpful