Pizza with Spinach-Artichoke Sauce
with quick lemony broccoli
Pizza with Spinach-Artichoke Sauce:
- Gluten-free pizza dough - 1 lb
- Artichoke hearts - 1 cup
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Sundried tomatoes - 5 , chopped
- Mozzarella - 6 oz , grated
- Red pepper flakes - for serving
Quick Weeknight Lemony Broccoli:
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs , chopped
- Lemons - 1/2 , juice of
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Pizza dough - If you are making pizza dough from a gluten-free mix, ideally make this the night before so it has time to rest. Take out 30 minutes before baking and cover in some more flour. This will make the dough more pliable. (Making of dough should be done 1 day ahead)
- Make sauce - Place artichoke hearts, spinach, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until thickened, and season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Broccoli / Sundried tomatoes / Mozzarella - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) degrees and position top rack so it’s at the very top.
- Brush a sheet pan with some olive oil. Using hands, stretch out pizza dough to cover sheet pan - it should be pretty easy to do if you let the dough rest. Brush dough with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake dough on top rack for 3 minutes without toppings. This solo time in the oven gives the dough time to crisp up; if you put toppings on now, your crust may get soggy.
- Spread the spinach-artichoke sauce over dough, cover in cheese, and sprinkle on sundried tomatoes.
- Bake pizza on the top rack for 8 to 11 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- While pizza is baking, place broccoli in a microwave-safe container. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 2 ½ to 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still crunchy. Finish with lemon juice, plus some salt and pepper. You can also drizzle on some good olive oil (not listed in ingredient list).
- Enjoy pizza hot out of the oven with red chili flakes and broccoli on the side.