Pizza with Spinach-Artichoke Sauce
with quick lemony broccoli
Pizza with Spinach-Artichoke Sauce:
- Pizza dough - 1 lb
- Artichoke hearts - 1 cup
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Sundried tomatoes - 5 , chopped
- Mozzarella - 6 oz , grated
- Red pepper flakes - for serving
Quick Weeknight Lemony Broccoli:
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs , chopped
- Lemons - 1/2 , juice of
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Pizza dough - Cover in flour and let rest for at least 30 minutes outside of fridge before rolling out. This is tip #1 to good pizza - resting dough gives gluten time to chill out, which makes the dough much more pliable.
- Make sauce - Place artichoke hearts, spinach, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until thickened, and season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Broccoli / Sundried tomatoes / Mozzarella - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) degrees and position top rack so it’s at the very top.
- Brush a sheet pan with some olive oil. Using hands, stretch out pizza dough to cover sheet pan - it should be pretty easy to do if you let the dough rest. Brush dough with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake dough on top rack for 3 minutes without toppings. This solo time in the oven gives the dough time to crisp up; if you put toppings on now, your crust may get soggy.
- Spread the spinach-artichoke sauce over dough, cover in cheese, and sprinkle on sundried tomatoes.
- Bake pizza on the top rack for 8 to 11 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- While pizza is baking, place broccoli in a microwave-safe container. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 2 ½ to 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still crunchy. Finish with lemon juice, plus some salt and pepper. You can also drizzle on some good olive oil (not listed in ingredient list).
- Enjoy pizza hot out of the oven with red chili flakes and broccoli on the side.