Oven-Roasted Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, and Garbanzo Beans
with lemon-soy-balsamic sauce
Smarts: This sauce keeps well and can be used on tofu, so feel free to double up, for another quick dish later in the week.
- Cauliflower - 1 head, chopped
- Brussels sprouts - 1lb , trimmed and halved
- Cilantro (opt) - 6 sprigs, chopped
- Garbanzo beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Homemade lemon-soy-balsamic marinade - 3 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Leftover rice - ~2 cups
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Lemons - 1/2, zest + juice of
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Prepare marinade - Mince garlic cloves and zest lemon. Mix minced garlic and zest with lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, paprika, hot sauce, and oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead - keep refrigerated)
- Cauliflower / Brussels sprouts / Cilantro - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Garbanzo beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 500F (260C) degrees.
- Spread cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and garbanzo beans out onto two sheet pans and cover tightly with foil, and ‘steam’ for 6 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the foil and toss with first part of marinade (you’ll have to divide between the two pans) and roast for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, toss with second part of marinade and chopped cilantro immediately out of the oven and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat up leftover rice from Monday (you can use the reheat setting on your microwave or just heat in a saucepan). Top rice with roasted veggies and beans.
Very good and very easy. I will make this again.0 Helpful
I may use less stock next time to allow brussel sprouts to roast more than cook in the liquid.0 Helpful
This one's a keeper! Both my husband and I liked it!0 Helpful
Good! Next time I would use BLSL breasts or thighs and cook the sprouts a bit on the stove before putting them in the oven due to the shorter baking time.0 Helpful
Very hearty! Came together extremely simply as well. My grocer didn't have brussels sprouts in the produce, so I used prepackaged frozen bag and turned out great. The chicken skins came off and actually kept marinated in my fridge for several days, along with the rice. All I had to do was sear chicken for 8 min and put it in the oven. Jaw in the floor at how simple this was.0 Helpful
Didn't do oven, even though I had it on & ready... Braised on stove top so I could check the done ness of my sprouts!!!!0 Helpful