Cumin & Coriander Chicken Tacos with Sliced Radishesand guacamole
The Latin spices in this taco-meat marinade turn plain chicken into something festive for dinner. Enjoy with some spicy radishes and some smooth guac for a sophisticated Taco Tuesday at home!
Smarts: The smaller you chop your chicken, the more surface area you expose for marinade-absorption. Yum!
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1 to 2 tsp
- Ground cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Ground coriander - 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts - 2, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Radishes - 4, sliced thinly
- Small soft-taco tortillas (corn or flour) - 8
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced or crushed
- Shallots - 1 bulb, diced
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Avocados - 2
- Limes - 1, juice of
- Hot sauce - to taste
- Make marinade - Whisk together soy sauce, hot sauce, cumin, coriander, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken breasts - Chop into bite-sized pieces. Toss with marinade and tenderize with a fork. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- For guacamole | Cilantro / Shallots / Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- For tacos | Radishes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken with marinade to heated pan. Saute until chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Make guacamole by mashing together garlic, shallots, cilantro, avocado, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and hot sauce.
- Enjoy chicken tacos topped with guacamole and radish slices.
This meal has 35 reviews
Very tasty chicken & guac. Instead of using tortillas, I tossed leftover rice into the same pan I used to cook the chicken. Assembled chicken bits, rice and guac on a plate - delicious!
Really good tacos and EXCELLENT guacamole. Will continue to use this guac recipe for sure.
I decided to substitute the sweet potato for a Mexican cauliflower 'rice' which made this dish a little healthier while not making me feel as if I was missing out. The chicken marinade was delicious, as was the guacamole - however I would recommend omitting the garlic in this as it added a slightly astringent flavour at the end. Will be making this dish again!
Used lettuce wraps instead of putting it on the sweet potatoes. Delicious! My almost 2 year old loved it.
Easy and great for a weeknight. Loved having a recipe to use the radishes from our garden!
The chicken was very good. Will do it again, for certain.