Shrimp Peanut Noodles
with red peppers and cabbage
Shrimp Peanut Noodles:
- Red peppers (small) - 1 , sliced thinly
- Cabbage, small - 1/2 head , sliced thinly ((~4 cups, sliced))
- Green onions - 3 stalks , sliced thinly
- Shrimp - 1 lb , peeled and deveined
- Linguine - 6 oz
- Pasta water - 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Homemade peanut sauce - 3/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- White sesame seeds (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Lime - 1/2 , juice of
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Peanut Sauce (yields ~3/4 cup):
- Ginger - 1 inch , grated
- Peanut butter - 1/4 cup ((creamy is preferred, but crunchy will also work))
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha (or other hot sauce) - 1 Tbsp
- Lime - 1 , juice of
- For sauce | Ginger - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- For noodles | Red peppers / Cabbage / Green onions - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Soften peanut butter in the microwave for ~30 seconds. Mix with ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, cooking oil, Sriracha (or other hot sauce), and lime juice.
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry. Lightly salt and pepper.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta, and cook according to package instructions. Drain, keeping 1/2 cup (118 ml) of pasta water (for 4 servings - adjust accordingly for other serving sizes).
- While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Saute until cooked pink on the outside and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Toss sauce with red peppers, cabbage, green onions, warm pasta, pasta water, shrimp and sesame seeds. Finish with lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!