Tofu and Broccoli Pesto Saute
with leftover quinoa
Smarts: Save even more time by buying pre-chopped broccoli.
- Tofu, extra-firm (vacuum-packed preferable) - 1 lb, cubed
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Store-bought pesto - 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Leftover cooked quinoa - ~2 cups ((from Monday))
- Parmesan cheese - for serving, grated
- Place broccoli and garlic in a microwave-safe container. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 2.5 to 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still a bit crunchy.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts and toast until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add cooking oil. Add tofu to heated oil, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Then toss with first part of pesto.
- Add broccoli to the pan and saute until broccoli is cooked to your liking. Add in second part of pesto. Toss until coated.
- Finish with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Warm up leftover quinoa. Serve pesto tofu and broccoli saute over quinoa and sprinkle with pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
Broccoli was fabulous. Chicken was bland.0 Helpful
Good. I broiled the last few minutes with Swiss cheese on top.0 Helpful
Simple, easy and delish!0 Helpful
So easy to make that it will likely become a regular go to when I need a quick weeknight meal.0 Helpful
So yummy and easy. Even our kids are this meal.0 Helpful
So delicious and so easy!0 Helpful